2011年4月17日星期日

Gank or Be Ganked in Warcraft Games

It is a fact of World of Warcraft, that wow gold there are certain places on a PVP server which are not safe for either faction. We know going there alone presents a solid chance that several members from the opposing faction lay in wait to gank. Maybe I shouldn't meddle, but my son is an awkward, shy teenager and my brother's kids are popular. At a recent reunion, a lively conversation ensued about Facebook friends and I noticed my son looked painfully depressed. Later I joined Facebook and "friended" everyone involved. We all know that Hillsbrad Foothills is one of the more difficult places to quest, not because the quests are difficult, but because high level players get bored and decide that it is just fun to go and torment leveling players.

You can't actually know and be www.goldmvp.com/www.flywowgold.com real friends with 1,000 people. I have 311 "friends" and I don't know some of them. If Facebook is leading to depression, delete your account and spend time with your real friends. It bothers me when other players whine about getting ganked. Sure, it is annoying when I am the midst of a fight and suddenly I find my health going down, not from the fight itself, but from the wandering Alliance member who sees me and fills my body with arrows or DOTs. I do not feel at all disconnected socially without it. Not having friends online isn't the problem you should be monitoring. Your concern should be how often he enjoys himself with real friends.

Regardless, the question that arises with ganking is one of morality and ethics. While I have done my fair share of ganking, there are some rules I like to keep in mind for myself. You can keep your network small or expand it like I have. I include best friends, occasional friends, school acquaintances, even people I've just met. Don't make a big deal about this. It is so much more fun to engage with other players in this format. If all you want to do is run around and kill monsters, then I recommend you get a console based game with no contact outside of the game you are playing. In all honesty, that is part of what makes World of Warcraft and any MMO so much fun: the interactions we can have in real time with friends and foes alike.

没有评论:

发表评论